Add
Description

St. Grégoire's chapel is located in the hamlet of Mauchen, to the south of Marckolsheim. Built in 1246, it is the only remaining trace of the village of Mauchenheim, which was first recorded in writing in the year 777. This village, which once had between 200 and 250 inhabitants, disappeared between 1200 and 1300 following a series of pillages, invasions, Rhine floods and outbreaks of plague. A reconstruction of the 18th-century frescoes, outlining part of Genesis, can be seen above the chapel's entrance.
Horaire(s) d'ouverture
-
From 01/01/2025 to 31/12/2025Monday from toTuesday from toWednesday from toThursday from toFriday from toSaturday from toSunday from to
More information
Package visits offered
Free visit
Location
Plain
Altitude (m) : 176
Animals accepted
No
Horaire(s) d'ouverture
-
From 01/01/2025 to 31/12/2025Monday from toTuesday from toWednesday from toThursday from toFriday from toSaturday from toSunday from to
Opening hours : Open every day
Distance (km) à la gare la plus proche : 14
Nom de la gare la plus proche
Sélestat
Price lists
Prices (events, products, etc.) : gratuit